At North American Bancard, we are encouraging all of our merchants to be safe during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. That’s why we’d like to share the tips below from the national Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately. Call your doctor’s office to share your symptoms and get guidance before going there in person.
- When possible, practice social distancing by keeping 3-6 feet away from others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after sneezing, coughing, or blowing your nose.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you’re sick, wear a facemask and stay home to slow the spread to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (or the inside of your elbow) when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes your POS equipment, countertops, doors, light switches, handles, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- After cleaning, disinfect surfaces with EPS-registered household disinfectants. You can also make your own bleach solution by mixing:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water; OR
- 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.
In addition to the CDC’s advice, the Federal Trade Commission has tips for guarding against coronavirus scams, which you can access here.
Finally, as you assess if you’re ready to meet the increase in mobile and online payments now being seen as a result of the coronavirus situation, feel free to contact NAB for general guidance and assistance with getting these payment features up and running.
Questions? Please know that we are standing by to assist you in this trying time. Call 866.485.8999.